What is a Brand? A brand is almost simultaneous with a business’s identity. Your business’s…
There has been a lot of talk about the importance of making your website mobile friendly. The statistics shows that the number of mobile users is growing year after year. More and more people use mobile devices to browse the Internet and buy products as well as services online. Therefore, web pages of your site have to fit any screen size.
If you do business online, then you are likely to be interested in making your website mobile compatible. Actually, making your website mobile friendly means that your site will look great on all different types of mobile devices. In this blog, we’ll highlight the top benefits of making your website mobile compatible. Additionally, we’ll share some tips on how to make your website mobile friendly.
Why Does Making Your Website Mobile Compatible Make Sense?
You need to know that making your website mobile compatible provides your business with numerous competitive advantages. It’s important to note that a mobile friendly site is not a trend anymore. It’s fair to say that mobile website design has already become a necessity. That’s why it’s crucial for you to have an understanding of how to make your website mobile friendly.
Let’s imagine that your website is not mobile friendly. That means that a great number of mobile users will not be able to view your site and see its content on their devices. Without a doubt, it’s a big problem for any business owner who sells products or services online. As a business owner you should do everything that you can to prevent this from happening. Actually, all that you need to do is to benefit from making your website mobile friendly. In other words, if your site is not mobile friendly yet then you obviously should optimize its web pages for mobile devices of all different types as soon as possible.
On the other hand, making your website mobile friendly has a lot of important SEO benefits. It’s worth noting that Google has recently announced that the search engine is going to change its algorithm and give boost to mobile friendly sites. So, by making your website mobile compatible you can make your website search engine friendly. It goes without saying that now it’s time for many business owners to check their sites and make sure that they are mobile friendly.
How to Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
How to make your website mobile friendly? Answering this interesting and important question we should point out that making your website mobile compatible may be a challenging task. For this reason, we would like to give you a few tips for creating a mobile friendly website.
1) Take advantage of responsive design. What is great about responsive web design is that it allows developers to create a website that looks great on all types of mobile devices. Another big advantage of responsive design is that it’s a cost-effective solution. Obviously, responsive design is a good alternative to creating a mobile website as well as developing a mobile app. Keep in mind that if you choose to benefit from responsive design you’ll need to build and promote only one site. It’s worth noting that responsive design has a lot of SEO benefits as well.
2) Use high-resolution images on your website. It’s hard to imagine a website without images. Obviously, every website needs some images. However, you must be very careful when picking up images for your website. The reality is that not all images look well on mobile devices. It’s worth noting that the image resolution matters. Your website may not look well on mobile devices if it has low-resolution images. So, if you are seeking good pictures for a mobile friendly site you obviously need to keep a close eye on high-resolution images. Users will not find it difficult to view a website with high-resolution images on their mobile devices.
3) It’s a good idea to use YouTube videos on a website. Keep in mind that if your site has a lot of videos, then mobile users may have some problems with viewing your website on their mobile devices. Needless to say that you should do your best to prevent this from happening. For this reason, it’s best to use YouTube videos on a site. It’s important to know that YouTube videos are mobile friendly. So, they are the perfect solution for those people who think about creating a mobile friendly site with videos for their business.
4) Use fonts and buttons of the right size. Choosing the fonts of the right size for texts on your website is essential especially if you want your website to look good on mobile devices of different types. Obviously, the bigger font size is – the better! Make sure that each of texts on your website has a font size that’s at least 14 px! By selecting the fonts of the right size for all of texts on your site’s web pages you’ll certainly make it easy for mobile users to read your content on their devices.
The same can be said about site’s buttons. So, if you think about making your website mobile friendly you also need to use buttons of the right size on its web pages. Big buttons look great on mobile devices. That’s why it’s recommended to use buttons which are at least 44px by 44px.
5) Consistently test your website on all types of mobile devices. It’s crucial for you to understand that even minor problems on your website may negatively affect its conversion rate. So, you should definitely test your website from time to time.
When it comes to testing your site, you need to act as a real user. Visit all web pages of your website, click on each of site’s links and buttons. Try to view your site on different types of mobile devices including Android, iPhone and tablets. If any problems are found, then do your best to fix them as soon as possible!
Are you interested in making your website mobile compatible? If so, you should contact Simplicity Marketing LLC today! Our experts will be happy to assist you in making your website mobile friendly!